Tuesday, September 30, 2008

a Dumbo inspired diaper bag!!!

How fun it was to try and create a custom bag inspired by Disney's Dumbo! It has been forever since I had seen the movie, so I had to do some online searching for inspiration and couldn't believe how much I forgot about! What fun adding small details to this bag. The flying elephant has a small wooden mouse on the tip of his trunk as he soars through the clouds over the big top circus below! I loved mixing the patterns and prints of the tents and the ribbon flags. Dumbo couldn't fly without his feather, so I had to incorporate it on the bag somehow, but I wanted to keep it easy to wash too! One of the side panels is a blue material that reminded me of the sky and what luck, it had feathers all over it! A perfect find!!!
My favorite, aside from the mouse=), is the red and white striped Big Top tent and pocket material. I had to search 4 stores and bought 3 different red and white stripes before I found the perfect coloring and sized stripe! It's a labor of love, I tell ya!
To add the train, which no circus would be complete without, I trimmed the suede handles with a ribbon complete with engine and caboose! The bottom of this bag is also the f aux brown suede, not only for durability, but also to hide any dirt that always happens on the bottom of any bag!

No comments:

Shop Ruby Loop local and online!

Check out all the latest and greatest with Ruby Loop on facebook!

If you haven't read about 31 Dresses, please be sure to do so!